Do you believe that you should get tired as you get older? Is aging a factor in being exhausted?
Is it possible to have more energy as you get older, instead of less?
Do you also wonder what the causes of fatigue are in your life?
All these are excellent questions for discussion when you have a case of fatigue and tiredness, or even exhaustion.
To start solving your fatigue, it’s best to start with this three-step approach.
1. Are You Really Fatigued?
The first thing to think about is what are the symptoms of fatigue and if they even apply to you.
Below is a list of the most common symptoms of fatigue, ones that are experienced by many people.
Symptoms Of Fatigue
- Tiredness after doing regular daily activities
- Sleepiness during the day
- Tiredness after sleepless night
- Lack of endurance
- Lack of concentration ability
- Noise sensitivity
- Shortness of breath after exercise
- Muscle soreness
- Tiredness that lasts for several days or longer
- Tiredness that restricts normal daily activities
- Tiredness after a good night of sleep
When you wake up in the morning, you should feel rested and ready to start a brand new day.
Looking at these symptoms of fatigue, do you see that you are a victim of at least a few of them?
2. Why Am I So Tired? Causes Of Fatigue
The second thing to think about is the answer to the question, why am I so tired?
Here is a list of 12 of the most common causes of fatigue:
12 Top Common Causes of Fatigue
- Infection somewhere in the body
- Arthritis in the joints
- Mental overwork
- Physical overwork
- Recently went through a major catastrophe or chaotic event
- Recovered from surgery
- Vitamin and mineral depletion
- Recently had a medical illness
- Poor sleeping habits
- Sleeping on a bad mattress or with improper pillows
- Aging fast
Do you have any of these causes on this list? If so, begin attacking each cause with a specific plan to overcome it. This will assist in eliminating your fatigue.
Does Aging Cause Fatigue?
That last cause of fatigue – aging fast – needs to be explained. Why would aging be related to tiredness, fatigue and even exhaustion?
It’s because as you age, the body finds it more and more difficult to heal itself and regenerate your tissues overnight. Your Growth Hormone levels are considerably less than more youthful levels, as are your levels of the hormone DHEA.
These two hormones contribute to you looking spry and feeling great no matter what age you are. They speed up repair of tissues, metabolic rate, and keep the level of collagen in your skin high, plumping up the skin.
In fact, some experts say that your levels once you pass the age of 45 should be equal to those when you were in your twenties.
With better muscle tone, you are able to look in the mirror and say, “Wow! I look great today!” – even though you are in your 60s! Without sagging skin, a person at any age will look their best; one thing that makes anyone feel fatigued is seeing themselves look tired!
The aging reaction is also related to the production of compounds called AGEs, or advanced glycation endproducts. These are chemical fragments of other compounds produced in the body.
AGEs are also produced from foods, especially foods that are heated to high temperatures during cooking or processing, or foods that are browned.
Thus, you can actually start to reverse your own aging process by stopping the production of the AGEs that make you look tired and feel tired and fatigued.
There’s something to be said about considering cosmetic surgery – when you look your best, you start acting your best, and that means that your energy levels naturally improve.
3. Decrease Your Ages In The Body
Here’s a list of some actions you can take to stop these nasty terrorist-like compounds from aging every organ in your body:
How To Stop Ages Production And Increase Your Energy Levels
1. Stop eating boxed cereals. These foods are highly processed and high in AGEs.
2. Eat more vegetables and some fruits. These foods are protective against AGEs that come into the body from foods or AGEs produced in the body.
3. Stop eating processed foods such as hot dogs, luncheon meats, pizza, and other fast foods. Fast foods are the worst AGE offenders.
Remember that if you eat fast foods, you will look like you are in the fast lane of life. It’s just not worth it.
4. Eliminate foods that are cooked in the microwave or cooked at high temperatures for long periods of time. The longer a food is cooked at high temps, the more AGEs it will contain. And that means fatigue for you. Cook the old-fashioned way and live longer, with more energy.
5. Take your antioxidants. Vitamins A, C, E, selenium, and zinc will help neutralize AGEs production, and that means more energy for you.
6. Try juicing fresh vegetables and fruits. The extra enzymes in the fresh juices neutralize the AGEs to an extent and contribute to the elimination of fatigue.
These are only some of the many causes of fatigue and some of the things that you can do to combat fatigue.
You’ll find more in one of my favorite ebooks, End Tiredness Program.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Eliminating Tiredness in Your Life. This book goes into a lot more depth on many of the causes of fatigue and what to do about them.
I believe you will love it!